Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Awesome Deals!!

Okay, so I've been waiting to get some stuff in the mail before I made another post about my awesome freebies, and I think it's all finally come in!! One thing I have to say, don't forget about freebies!! They can be really awesome, you just have to have the patience to find the right ones! On Facebook, I "like" the page "Coupons Make it Free" and they tell you about deals you can find & free things companies are sending out!! Here's a picture of my most recent freebies:
Okay, this picture includes: A free sample of the new Garnier Fructis Anti-Dandruff shampoo, free Always pads, free sample of Splenda Essentials (with a $1 off coupon!) (This sample I got for my mom :) a sample of Prilosec OTC, a sample of Head and Shoulders, a coupon for a FREE can of Pro Plan cat food, a sample of Icy Hot Naturals (plus a $1 off coupon!) and a Cottonelle roll cover! (Which is adorable & I love those commercials ;) And the best part??? Everything here was FREE!!!!!! The samples are perfect for going on trips & for if needed in a pinch! A couple more things I am awaiting to see in the mail are: Disney Vitamin Gummies & Dove oil repair (FULL SIZE!) hair care :)

I am so excited about all my freebies! And it's so easy to get them & they send them right to your house!!


Last weekend was our monthly grocery shopping trip, and I spent some time online searching for coupons. We decided since we're taking a trip this weekend for our 1 year anniversary, we would only buy the things we really NEEDED or could get for a great price :) Our goal was to spend no more than $200 and I was worried we would go way over because we also needed meat, and LOTS of it! Kyle's parents took a trip with us, and his mom always brings me coupons from the Sunday paper :) (thanks Sallie!!) Here's the total from our shopping trip:

Our total was $201.46 and we got $10 cash back so our grand total was $211.46!! Now, this includes: 10 pounds of beef, at least 16 pounds of chicken, steak, lunch meat & cheese, and other essentials we needed :) I'd say we did awesome!! And we saved a total of 7% off our total purchase! I saved $16.02 just in coupons!!!! We had a free Pantene shampoo or conditioner, and then I had a coupon for buy 1 get $1 off another. The price of the Pantene was $3.77 a piece, so I got shampoo for free, and then conditioner for $2.77!! So, the total for both was $2.77!! I also got broccoli steamers from Green Giant for 99 cents a piece, and had a 50 cents off of 1! So I got both bags for under $2!!! It felt so great to see the savings!! My favorite part of couponing is giving the cashier my coupons & watching the total go down as they scan them through at the end of the transaction!! Coupons are SO WORTH IT!! It doesn't take long to find good ones & why not do it?!? You can save money! Easy and free!!! Could I say more??

Another way to save money that people over look is surveys. Always check the bottom of your receipts, cause many times there is an opportunity to save money! I have filled out 2 surveys for Petco (for cat stuff & stuff for our saltwater aquarium) and saved $4 total!! We have also gotten two 10% your total purchase because we have obtained enough points on our Petco card! Again, those are great!! If you make purchases from a store often, you can earn points and save money the next time you come in!!

My favorite store right now is Maurices, and I just happened to have a 20% your total purchase that I got the other day. So, I went in and found a really cute shirt and some jeans, and I got two 20% off a single item coupons! I also checked my receipt and if I do a survey, I can save $5 on my next purchase!!! I know I'll be shopping there again soon, so I'm definitely going to do it!! And if you love Chick-fil-A, they almost ALWAYS have a survey at the bottom for a free chicken sandwich!! Kyle and I love Chick-fil-A, and their chicken sandwiches!!


So, the moral of my story is, don't overlook the small stuff! Surveys, freebies, and coupons can save you money! I can't wait to share more of my deals :) Let me know if you find something too, I'd love to hear about it!! Speaking of, I'm going to check Groupon and Living Social for fun things we can do in Daytona Beach this weekend!! :)

Lauren <3

No comments:

Post a Comment