Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September Already?!?

Okay, so I just realized how ridiculously long it's been since I've posted anything on here....and I know ya'll aren't hanging on my every words or anything, but I feel bad for not updating!! Lots has changed!
 Random picture I took & really like :)

First of all, after I lost my job, I was lucky enough to receive unemployment for the approx. 3 weeks that I was without a job. I felt so bad about doing so; low for receiving "free" money without having to "work" for it. But, it was a blessing, and really helped us out when we needed it. You have to drop off/email/apply to 5 places for week and put in the info about it on their website in order to receive your money. And I worked my tail off dropping off applications. I dropped 5 off on a Wednesday, and by Friday I had an interview. I went in, chatted it up, and got the job!! I have been working there since the 16th, and I LOVE it! You have no idea how much better it is than my other job. I have half a mind to call my other boss and thank him for giving me the opportunity to work here. FOR REAL. :) I'm so blessed with a job that I love, and where I get to actually get to do all the things I have been trained to do. It's amazing!

So, I've been happily working at my new job, and Kyle is pretty happy at his as well. I have also been taking classes for my Bachelor's Degree, and they have been going well. SO much easier than 8 classes...this is the easiest semester of school I have been through thus far. It's wonderful to be working, doing school, and being married and being able to juggle it all. And the plus side?? Hardly any stress. It's lovely!

Also, our fish tank is doing wonderfully! Everyone is still alive (even with Kyle's pessimistic thoughts!) and thriving! We now have a piece of coral that even the guy at the Aquarium shop didn't know what it was! So, we were able to haggle a good price and get a really awesome piece of coral!! And it is HUGE. Kinda looks like a tree...

And it LOVES light and gets really big when we leave the light on for it :) Ours is a little bigger than this, and has 2 smaller ones next to it (they're all attached to a small rock/piece of coral) We also got a clown fish or "Ocellaris" clown fish-he's orange, black, and white. And AWESOME :) Kyle named him (of course :) and his name is Zeus! He kinda looks like this....

Pretty cool, huh? He likes to hang out in the corner. Kinda looks retarded. But what other kind could we have? ;) Our theory is that he likes to see his reflection in the corner of the tank, so he chills there :) We also got a few new crabs, and what's called a "turbo snail" to keep the algae down in the tank.


All of our creatures are doing well, and are happy! Kyle & I also went on a trip to Ohio with my parents about a week ago for my cousin's wedding. I haven't been up there in 9 years (since my grandma's funeral.) We went to many of the same places we went the last time I was there (the church, cemetery, fire house, etc) and at first, bad memories came back. I pictured things as they were the last time I was there, and it was depressing. I finally decided that I was going to try to forget theses memories, and make some new and happy ones in the same places. I know that's what my grandparents would've wanted. And they would've been so happy to see everyone together and getting along. It was such a wonderful few days with my family that I hardly ever get to see! We remembered old times and had many laughs together. And they all got to meet Kyle which was great! They loved him (or at least I think so ;) And he couldn't stop talking about how funny and great they are. What a wonderful feeling :) My 2 cousins that got married ended up coming to Florida for their honeymoon, so we got to spend some one-on-one time with them :) Dinner, a movie, ice cream, and even lunch the next day! They're so much like us, wish they lived closer so we could see them more!!
 Beautiful Ohio :)

I'm feeling so blessed with all the friends God has given us, and our wonderful families :) Everything is going well right now, and we are praying it continues this way. Please continue to pray for us and our families who are both going through financial issues right now, and for my sister who just hasn't been able to catch a break since she moved and started her job! She deserves to have a good week without incidence! Kyle and I have some unspoken prayer requests right now as well, so please keep us in your prayers. Hopefully it won't take me so long to write another post! Hope ya'll enjoyed it :)


Lauren!

1 comment:

  1. hey sweet girl! thanks for the prayers in the blog post - I've been slacking on reading posts lately on anyone's blogs, but definitely smiled when I read this. G'ma and G'pa would be so happy that you went to Brookfield as a family and I know they were there in spirit! Wish I could've gone with y'all.
    much love.
    xo
    bean

    ReplyDelete